INVITATION TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDYING PEACE-BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT (THE 2ND CALL)
- By Joseph Sehorana
- On 13/12/2022 at 07:54
- 0 comments
The Protestant Institute for Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) is pleased to announce availability of scholarships to fully or partially cover the registration and tuition fees for well-motivated and competent Rwandan students who would like to pursue the 3-year Honors Bachelor’s degree in Peace-Building and Development (See the programme description attached).
The selected applicant will be requested to join the programme from the new academic year that will start on the 9th of January, 2023. The recipient of a scholarship to fully cover the registration and tuition fees will be selected based both on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview as well as on financial need that is supported by compelling evidence. They will be exempted from payment of annual registration and tuition fees for 3 years as well as internships and dissertation fees. Living costs in Huye must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS. Estimated minimum on-campus living costs for one academic year are approximately RWF 600,000 for a single student.
The recipient of a scholarship to partially cover the registration and tuition fees will be selected based solely on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview. They will be exempted from payment of 50% of registration and tuition fees for 3 years. The remaining 50% of annual registration and tuitions fees (RWF 200,000/year), fees for a short-term internship for the second year of the programme (RWF 30,000), fees for long-term internship and dissertation project for the third year of the programme (RWF 150,000) and living costs in Huye (approximately RWF 600,000/year) must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS.
The successful applicants must:
- Be not more than 30 years of age;
- have completed high school education with at least two principal passes or equivalent results; and
- demonstrate a proven track record of engaging in peace and development related activities.
The applicant is required to submit:
- Filled PIASS application form (Please request firstname.lastname@example.org to send you an application form. Application fees are not required for those who have not been selected.)
- Notarized copy of national examination certificate
- Copies of secondary school transcripts (the last 3 years)
- Copies of other training certificates/diplomas (if any)
- Copy of national ID
- Letter of motivation written in English by the applicant him/herself
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
- Evidence of financial need issued by the local government at the sector level (only for the applicant of a full scholarship)
Application deadline: December 27, 2022
Profile dpcs2022 1 (293.07 KB)