ANNOUNCEMENT: INVITATION TO APPLY FOR FULL AND PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDYING PEACE-BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT IN PIASS
- By Joseph Sehorana
- On 13/09/2022 at 20:07
- 0 comments
The Protestant Institute for Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) is pleased to announce availability of 3 full and 5 partial scholarships for well-motivated and competent Rwandan students who would like to pursue the 3-year Honors Bachelor’s degree in Peace-Building and Development (See the programme description attached).
The recipient of a full scholarship will be selected based both on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview as well as on financial need that is supported by compelling evidence. They will be exempted from payment of annual registration and tuition fees for 3 years as well as internships and dissertation fees. Living costs in Huye must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS. Estimated minimum on-campus living costs for one academic year are approximately RWF 480,000 for a single student.
The recipient of a partial scholarship will be selected based solely on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview. They will be exempted from payment of 50% of registration and tuition fees for 3 years. The remaining 50% of annual registration and tuitions fees (RWF 197,500/year), fees for a short-term internship for the second year of the programme (RWF 30,000), fees for long-term internship and dissertation project for the third year of the programme (RWF 150,000) and living costs in Huye (minimum RWF 480,000/year) must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS.
The successful applicants must:
- Be not more than 30 years of age;
- have completed high school education with at least two principal passes or equivalent results; and
- demonstrate a proven track record of engaging in peace and development related activities.
The applicant is required to submit:
- Filled PIASS application form (Please request firstname.lastname@example.org to send you an application form. Application fees are not required for those who have not been selected.)
- Notarized copy of national examination certificate
- Copies of secondary school transcripts (the last 3 years)
- Copies of other training certificates/diplomas (if any)
- Copy of national ID
- Letter of motivation written in English by the applicant him/herself
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
- Evidence of financial need issued by the local government at the sector level (only for the applicant of a full scholarship)
Application deadline: November 20, 2022
scholarship-rwandan2023.pdf (412.68 KB)
Profile dpcs2022 (255.93 KB)